If you're planning a birthday party for your young child, you may be stumped about what you want to provide for him or her and for all the guests. From the invitations to an activity like mini golf, here are some ideas that might inspire you to plan something that your child will always remember:
Get The Word Out - Unless you're having a surprise party for your child, think about involving him or her in the planning. This is especially helpful when you're working on invitations:
- Before you even begin the invitation list, think of how many guests you want your child to invite. Where you hold the event will help to determine how many guests can attend.
- It's helpful if you select a theme together. For example, if your child loves sports, think of including pictures of his favorite sport as part of the design of the invitation.
- Consider doing something very unique for the invitations. For example, if there aren't too many attending, you could even deliver the invitations personally.
- One idea is to put the invitation in a balloon. Or, write the information right onto the balloon.
Select The Place - Are you having the party right at your home or will you be going to a different location?
- If you are having the party in your back yard, think about having water games. Who doesn't love playing in the water?
- Think about giving the kids the experience of playing on a mini golf course. Both boys and girls usually love this sport and, if they haven't played before, they'll discover that it's addictive.
- If you decide on mini golf, you can actually set up a course in your back yard. Just cut the grass super short and put sturdy little cups in strategic places where kids can aim for a hole in one.
- When going to a commercial mini golf course, be sure to reserve space ahead of time. Besides the time and place of your event, be pretty specific about how many will be attending your child's party.
Don't forget to take plenty of pictures. Individual ones of each guest with your child will be wonderful because they can be part of the thank you note. Just tuck the picture in with a note that says something like, Thanks for helping my birthday be the best ever! I sure know how to choose the best friends!
Contact a company like Bonanza Golf and Gifts for more information and assistance.